Senior Program Manager
TimeMonday, 9 August 20217am - 8am PDT
DescriptionAre you passionate about graphics and gaming? Do you want to work on the latest cutting edge graphics technologies used to create the best gaming experiences on PC and on the recently launched Xbox Series X and Series S consoles?
The Microsoft DirectX team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our team to lead cutting-edge innovation in DirectX, HLSL, and other advanced technologies to ensure PC and Xbox are the best places to game.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who will thrive in this fast-paced, highly technical environment. This person will partner with key stakeholders to guide next-generation technology investment decisions and ensure that products built upon such technology deliver a next-gen gaming experience that meets gamers’ exacting standards.
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for graphics, compilers, or machine learning and be excited to employ multiple technologies together to create the next wave of gaming graphics innovation. In addition, due to the visibility of this role, the candidate should have excellent communication skills including being able to crisply communicate to executives and team members at the appropriate altitude and frequency.
So, if you have a proven track record of creating cutting-edge software or hardware and are ready to define the future of graphics and gaming with the team that has led the world in graphics innovation for over 25 years, we would love to hear from you.
- Identify opportunities to advance the DirectX Graphics platform on
- Xbox and PC, and own the design and staging of innovative new Graphics features
- Scope and execute programs/projects including roadmap creation, best practices for project management, and leading a broad set of partner teams.
- Partner and collaborate with passionate team members and multiple cross-group, cross-org, and external partner teams to design and deliver innovative new products to market that will delight our customers
- Leverage product telemetry, metrics and marketplace data to design, stage and deploy Graphics features for maximum market impact
- 5+ years Program Management experience
- BS or MS in EE or Computer Science or related field
- Technical experience in graphics, compilers, and/or machine learning
- Proven Program Management and leadership expertise
- Great project management, cross-group collaboration skills, and desire to help raise the effectiveness of the broader team
- Proven ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems
- Experience leveraging customer data to draw insights, answer hard questions, and guide actions.
- Strong technical proficiency and a demonstrated ability to go deep in both software and hardware technical areas when required
- Experience designing, developing and shipping high quality OS platform features
- Experience with Windows/Xbox graphics APIs, hardware organization, and/or middleware
- Experience managing requirements and alignment across business and engineering teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills