Principal Program Manager - DirectX Graphics
Redmond, WA or Remote
TimeMonday, 9 August 20217am - 8am PDT
DescriptionThis position is based in Redmond, Washington but other locations in the United States are possible to include remote work.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your passion for graphics and gaming into a career?
The Microsoft DirectX team has an opportunity for an experienced program manager to drive strategic development of the cutting-edge graphics technologies that power next-generation gaming experiences on PC and Xbox.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly technical environment, and when partnering closely with game developers and GPU vendors to design innovative solutions for hard developer problems.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for graphics, compilers, or machine learning and have a track record of blending multiple advanced technologies to create and deliver product innovation that delights customers. In addition, due to the visibility of this role, the candidate should have excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating at all organizational levels.
- Develop and drive product strategy for DirectX, collaborating closely with internal and external engineering teams.
- Translate strategy into actionable engineering programs and projects that deliver clear incremental value to developers, and provide the project management support necessary to ensure successful outcomes.
- Play a central role with delivering the design and documentation of new features, including design specifications, language specifications, and developer documentation.
- Communicate strategy and development progress in status reports, blog posts and at developer conferences.
- Become a key point of contact for the DirectX team for GPU vendors and game developers.
- BS or MS in EE or Computer Science or closely related field.
- Proven Program Management, Product Management or Technical Management expertise, with 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Proven ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Strong technical proficiency and a demonstrated ability to go deep in technical areas as required.
- Experience managing requirements and alignment across business and engineering teams.
- Great project management and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of graphics rendering techniques.
- Experience with Windows graphics APIs, hardware organization, and/or middleware.
- A good understanding of how GPU hardware works.