Graphics Engineer, Central Tech
Bellevue, WA or Remote WA & CA
TimeMonday, 9 August 20217am - 8am PDT
DescriptionDo you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to help design and implement real-time rendering algorithms and create stunning visuals for Destiny and other IPs? Are you willing and able to collaborate directly with artists to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Would you like to work on worlds that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As a Central Technology Graphics Engineer at Bungie, you will help build future generations of graphics technology for Destiny and beyond. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building features and pipelines that empower our game teams to craft incredible visual experiences. As part of a diverse company that prizes creativity, technical excellence, and work-life balance, you will work with a fun and inspirational cross-discipline team motivated to create world-class games.
Fully remote work is possible for this position, eligibility will be determined by individual candidate's level of experience and ability to work independently and autonomously.
This position is available for full-time remote work in WA & CA.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
• Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team that builds new rendering technology for multiple IPs
• Help invent and extend graphics features, workflows, and tools
• Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
• Strong knowledge of C++
• Proficiency in 3D math, data structures and algorithms
• Experience implementing modern rendering algorithms, and familiarity with rendering techniques used in real-time graphics and/or production rendering
• Comfortable with debugging, profiling, and optimizing C++ and shader code for production and release
• Strong communication skills
• Experience developing tools and workflows
• Experience with proprietary/custom rendering engines
• Experience developing on current generation consoles