Senior Software Engineer: Xbox Graphics Driver
Redmond, WA or Remote
TimeMonday, 9 August 20217am - 8am PDT
DescriptionThe Xbox Graphics team is seeking passionate developers to help deliver state-of-the-art GPU capabilities on Xbox for AAA game developers. Join our growing team of talented women and men on our shared mission to ensure that all Xbox games look stunning and run smoothly by developing cutting-edge innovation to Graphics features like Raytracing.
Ideal candidates would have at least 5 years of professional software development experience coupled with experience with a modern Graphics API and graphics in games. Additionally, it’s preferred, but not required, for candidates to have experience with Graphics drivers, game engines, console development, or API design. Any experience with writing shaders or assembly language or firmware programming would also be a great added bonus.
If you are interested in driving the future of real time graphics, having a direct impact on the biggest gaming titles, and working in a friendly, collaborative environment, please apply now!
Both remote work and on-site candidates will be considered.
- Software development work in a small team in your area of specialty on functionality, performance, and quality
- Engage directly with game developer partners to identify and fix specific issues, gather feedback, and gain insight into future product development
- Develop a cutting-edge graphics driver stack from top to bottom.
- Own SDK components that enable game developers to take full advantage of the GPU
- Be a key stakeholder for quality, documentation, and tooling
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to define the future of graphics in gaming.
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in real time 3D graphics for games
- Working knowledge of at least one modern Graphics API. D3D11/12, Vulkan, Metal etc.
- Experience with Graphics drivers, game engines, or console development
- API Design and implementation experience.