Senior Software Engineer: Xbox PIX
TimeMonday, 9 August 20217am - 8am PDT
DescriptionXbox PIX is the most sophisticated performance profiling tool known to humankind. Leveraging intimate control of the entire hardware and software stack from the silicon up though graphics and memory systems to the game itself, PIX provides game developers with unparalleled visibility into their game's performance and its interactions with the GPU. Xbox Series X is unapologetically the most powerful and best designed console on the planet.
Our customers and partners are the brightest minds in the industry and PIX is essential in the development of every major game. Working on the Xbox PIX team entails daily interactions with talented rendering engineers, gifted hardware architects, and passionate programmers around the world. In our friendly, collaborative environment, we are all on the shared mission to ensure that all games run beautifully at the highest resolutions and frame rates.
The PIX team is hiring experienced graphics programmers and GPU engineers! Join our group of talented women and men in providing essential tools for the gaming industry. Do you think it would be fun to help game developers bring their art to new levels of performance? If so, please join us in making games for everyone.
- Design and implement tooling to provide actionable insights into graphics performance and correctness
- Work with graphics developers to provide crucial support for PIX and Xbox Graphics
- Analyze large datasets to identify customer challenges and trends
- Fix issues throughout the tooling and console graphics software stack
- Experience with graphics and performance on AAA games
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years coding in C++, C# and/or HLSL (or equivalent)
- Passion for graphics, GPUs, and/or performance
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Interest in growth and learning