Studio Software Developer
TimeMonday, 9 August 20217am - 8am PDT
DescriptionWe are looking to fill the position of Studio Software Developer who will focus on the research, design, architecture, implementation, and support of a wide range of tools used in the creation of photorealistic visual effects for film and television. Current large-scale projects include in-house asset management and lighting/lookdev tools.
- Research, design, develop, and test production tools, asset management software and infrastructure tolls and solutions used in studio.
- Work with artists to understand production needs.
- Develop, maintain and update tools for artists.
- Support artists during production.
- Create and support end user technical documentation.
- Help establish continuous integration standards, development and release processes
- Degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent work experience.
- Comfortable with mathematics, 3D mathematics, simulation technologies, physics and reading white-papers or research from the graphics field (e.g. from universities, Siggraph, etc.).
- Experience in developing tools, and implementing process improvements in active production environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Python, C++ and libraries, Perl, shell script, Maya Mel Scripting, etc.
- Experience with Houdini, Maya and Nuke, among others.
- Experience and understanding the language and process of feature films, television, commercial, digital media, VFX is a plus.
- Experience writing plug-ins for Maya, Houdini, and/or Nuke is a plus.
- Experience using Linux-based debuggers and profilers.
- Be comfortable with Linux/UNIX environments
- Outstanding problem-solving skills under pressure.
- Strong communication skills.