Mobile App Innovation
Discover all that a mobile device can do at Appy Hour and celebrate innovation, creativity, and know-how. At Appy Hour, attendees interact with developers, experience the next generation of mobile media, and find that there really is an app for everything.
“The Appy Hour program at SIGGRAPH has always been a showcase of the incredible range of mobile applications, and 2021 is no exception. Innovative approaches to animation, photo editing, and even a new take on selfies are all part of this year’s program. I am excited to hear more about these, and others, at this summer’s conference!”
SIGGRAPH 2021 General Submissions Chair
How to Submit
SIGGRAPH 2021 will move forward at this time as a virtual-only event. We look forward to celebrating 48 years of advancements in computer graphics and interactive techniques in our virtual venue. We are excited you are submitting your work for consideration. As we finalize our conference plans, visit the About the Conference page for the latest updates.
For more information about uploading files for your submission, please see Uploading Files.
Each submission will be judged on five criteria:
- Graphical attractiveness
- Technical achievement
1. Submit a two-page abstract by 28 May 2021. Please prepare your abstract using these templates and instructions. You will be notified of acceptance or rejection of your Appy Hour submission in late April 2021 and receive an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with information about and a link to your work’s rights form within 72 hours of notification of acceptance of your work to the conference. When your rights form has been delivered to ACM, you will then receive an email from “email@example.com” with information about the preparation and delivery of your material to TAPS for publication.
The source (Word or LaTeX) of your abstract, as well as any supplemental materials, must be delivered to TAPS, ACM’s new article production system. TAPS will generate the PDF and HTML5 versions of your abstract for publication in the ACM Digital Library.
You must deliver your material to TAPS, resolve any formatting issues identified by TAPS or by the proceedings production editor, and approve your material for publication by 28 May 2021. If you cannot meet that deadline, you will not be allowed to present your material at SIGGRAPH 2021.
Information about the preparation and delivery of your final material to TAPS can also be found at https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~spencer/taps/taps.html.
2. Submit a 30-second video summarizing your app’s key contributions to be used for promotional trailers by 14 May. The video must adhere to the following specifications:
- Quicktime .mov format required, H.264 codec export
- 29.97 FPS
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- 30-second duration maximum (shorter than 30 seconds is acceptable, but not longer)
- Musical background audio track without vocals that you have permissions to use in this video
Pre-Recorded Video Presentation
To present in the virtual conference, the Appy Hour contributor must: 1) provide a video of their presentation, and 2) plan for one Appy Hour contributor to be present for the entirety of the virtual Appy Hour session. Final accepted video presentations will be published in the ACM Digital Library. Further details and instructions regarding the video specs will be provided upon acceptance.
To present your work at SIGGRAPH 2021, at least one contributor per submission must register at the appropriate registration level. All other contributors can register at the level of their choice.
You can find a link to the contributor recognition policy here.
ACM Rights Management Form
If your work is accepted for presentation at SIGGRAPH 2021, you must complete the ACM Rights Management Form. The form will be sent to all submitters whose work is accepted.
Your representative image and text may be used for promotional purposes. Several SIGGRAPH 2021 programs — Art Gallery, Art Papers, Real-Time Live!, Technical Papers, and all installation programs — will prepare preview videos for pre-conference promotion of accepted content, which may include a portion of the video you submitted for review. You may grant or deny us the ability to use the representative image and submitted video for these purposes.
23 February 2021, 22:00 UTC/GMT
Early May 2021
Acceptance or rejection notices are sent to all submitters.
14 May 2021
- Deadline to make any changes to materials for publication.
- 30-second video, used for promotional purposes, due.
28 May 2021
Two-page abstract due. If we do not receive your two-page abstract by 28 May, you will not be allowed to present at SIGGRAPH 2021.